Thursday, April 9, 2015

Changes to come in the next year

Hi everyone,

I know I have a pretty strong following of people who have loom knitted for a long time and beginners who come on my website to learn how to use looms. I have not been here for a while, and I'm so sorry. That's about to change.

I'm sorry if I haven't been able to reply to comments, and for those who have answered the comments in my absence, thank you! This blog is not going away. In fact, I want to expand this blog and give you more free and useful content. I am hoping to be able to buy a domain name for myself too.

But first, I want to ask you what you want to know. What are you struggling with? Are you confused when you look at your knitting loom, or are you frustrated that the instructions that come with your loom don't give you a satisfying end product?

I'm actually in the midst of writing a mini loom knitting e-book about knitting scarves. However there are two problems with that, and I need your help, dear readers. I would love to know what looms you are using! There are so many looms out there and so many looms that maybe have been discontinued, so I would love to know a few things. Do you want to knit scarves? What loom are you using? And what do you find confusing or intimidating about loom knitting? The e-book is still in planning mode. It's really small. I want your feedback, especially because I don't want my readers to be confused by my awkward wording when I'm writing out instructions. I'm looking for at least five people to help me out (if anyone can, seriously) and the e-book would be free. Unfortunately, I can't help them pay for any yarn used, but I really hope that people will make wonderful things.

On another great note, I recently taught my youth group how to loom knit! They're currently finishing their scarves - yes, I know it's Spring now, but they'll have totally cool winter scarves. I'll be uploading a PDF so you can follow along with them and make a scarf for yourself! I've been considering a knit-along with the PDF but I'm not sure if anyone's interested.

Please leave a comment below and make sure you don't comment as anonymous - so I'll know how to get back to you!

2 comments:

  1. I would be happy to help, I do enjoy doing scarves even if they seem to take forever at times. I mostly use my AKB looms or my CinDwood Crafts 1/2" g looms. Most confusing thing for me is which "knit" stitch (e-wrap, u knit, flat knit or traditional/plain/opposite of purl) to use when not specified in a pattern. I do enjoy reading thru patterns, I'm a pattern follower rather than a creator, to see if I think I can follow it or at least figure it out as I go
    Barb Roland
    barbwire59@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete